Lok Jagruti Kendra (LJK) is a charitable Trust and registered society. It was founded in the year 1980 by eminent academicians and professionals and distinguished personalities from across the society.L.J. stands for ‘Lok’ (people) and ‘Jagruti’ (awareness). L.J firmly believes in bringing about overall development of people. L.J. aims to develop its students into complete citizens who not only have the subject knowledge but also have the empathy towards various social, cultural, environmental and other such issues affecting our society. L.J. philosophy is firmly grounded in values such as honesty, transparency, camaraderie, solidarity and unity.It was the dream of Prof. B. M. Peerzada, an eminent economist and former Dean, Commerce Faculty Gujarat Univerity,to establish world class professional system of education and research to meet educational needs of students not only from Gujarat, but from across India as well as from other countries.
Today, this dream has become a reality in the shape of the L.J. Group of Institutes comprising 19 institutes offering diverse range of programmes from diploma programmes to undergraduate to postgraduate to professional programmes, and functioning from three campuses in Ahmedabad, with over 500 well-qualified and experienced faculties to train over 10000 students drawn from across Gujarat.
Institutes managed by LJK are
- L.J. Tibrewal Commerce College established in 1982; NAAC accredited “A” Grade
- L.J. Institute of Professional Education (1997)
- L.J. Institute of Business Administration (1999)
- L.J. College of Computer Application (1999)
- L.J. Tibrewal Post Graduate Center (2001)
- New L.J. Commerce College (2001)
- L.J. Institute of Management Studies (2001)
- L.J. Institute of Pharmacy (2004)
- L.J. Institute of Computer Applications (2004)
- L.J. Institute of Engineering & Technology (2007)
- L.J. Polytechnic (2008)
- L.J. Overseas
- L.J. Arogya Kendra
- L.J. Pre-Primary School
- A.P.T. Primary School
- L.J. Secondary School
- IGNOU Study Center
L.J. also runs several centres of excellence focused on soft skills such as communication skills, personality development and presentation skills to empower the students with sharp minds and exceptional talent.
As a part of its policy of increasing international collaboration, LJK has already signed various MOUs with the following universities abroad:
- University of Bielefeld, Germany (2009)
- University Utara Malaysia (2010)
Negotiations with the Argosy University, Chicago, USA are in going on.
The thrust areas of international collaboration are:
- Faculty Exchange
- Student Exchange
- Joint Research Projects
- Offering International Degree Programmes (e.g.MBA) under the distributed delivery system
- Research Publications
L.J. institutes incessantly strive to create congenial learning environment with state-of-the-art world-class infrastructure facilities to provide excellent education.
- Technologically equipped classrooms with multimedia projectors
- High-tech computer laboratories with latest software, networking and Internet facility
- Rich libraries flourishing with books, technical magazines and research journals
- Technologically well equipped engineering laboratories with latest equipments and devices
- Huge engineering workshop at par with international standards
- Excellent pharmacy laboratories with all majors equipments and machines
- Animal house for pharmacy
- Faculty rooms with computers and Internet facility to each faculty member
- Seminar halls with audio-visual facility
- Huge sound proof auditorium with audio-visual facility
- More than 1200 networked computers
- Wi Fi Internet facility with fiber optic
- Online examination facility (such as CAT, MAT, GATE, AIEE, BITS Pilani, GCET, etc.)
- Directors’ rooms
- Conference rooms
- Administrative offices
- Play grounds with flood lights
- Parking facility
The L.J. Institutes offer excellent training methodology to ensure academic excellence through quality education in disciplined environment:
- Regular lectures
- Enriching seminar series
- Special experts/guest lectures
- Field visits
- Group discussion
- Customized training
- Case studies
- Paper presentations
The pleasant learning experience continues with………
- Healthy students-faculty ratio
- Motivational student-teacher interaction
- Conversation based teaching system
- Result oriented delivery strategies
- Regular academic meetings
- Career Counseling
Besides implementing the prescribed academic curriculum, all the institutes also conduct various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities:
- Cultural Activities
- Annual Events
Courses offered at L.J. impart operational skills for end users and entrepreneurial applications. That is why scores of L.J. graduates have got an edge in selection procedure for employment. Many of graduates are working in top most organizations across country as well as abroad at pinnacle positions. LJK creates students’ confidence in their own vision and break down the technological and financial barriers of their professions.
L.J. institutes not only designs innovative delivery mechanism but also regularly update it to make it more effective in light of the latest technological developments. The central feature of the L.J. institutes is emphasis on helping students to become real professionals, not just cogs in different industries.
L.J. accelerated its momentum without any compromise on quality teaching standards and knowledge distribution process.
It has developed a distinctive academic culture, uncommon in other private institutes of higher learning.
LJK further initiatives are:
- L.J. centre for Management Excellence
- L.J. foundation for Medical & Health Education including Nursing & Physiotherapy
- Establishment of an L.J campus abroad
- Collaboration with institutes of excellence
LJK has become the ultimate destination for complete education.LJK, where Education is the passion, the passion, which leads to incessant pursuit of knowledge and acquisition of skills.